Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christ is the Reason and Christmas is the Season

It is sort of officially; depending on which method you use to calculate the dates and times, 2010 years since the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. At least it is for the Christians, which make up about 80% of the American population.

Okay, let’s face it; this is a politically oriented blog, which means you’re going to get the politically oriented version of all of this, so here goes.

To ALL Americans, not only the Christians, but the Wiccans, Hindi, Seventh Day Adventist, Mormons, Baptist, Lutherans, Jews, and yes, even the Muslims (although they may declare a fatwa against me) I do not want to wish you Happy Holidays, or Seasons Greetings. And for that matter I don’t want to offend you, but! I do want to share with ALL of you that one thing that makes this time of year special for me and millions like me.

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas!! And while we, all of us, don’t necessarily agree or believe in the same manner. I want you to know that while I may not understand a lot about your belief system as a whole and you may not understand a lot about my belief system, my wish to you is merely an attempt to make you feel even a small part of the joy that I and my family feel, and most times share with one another at this time of year.

I also want you to know that God, no matter the method or form he is worshipped in, is universal. The difference is how we as his (or her) creations use our faith. Do we use it to create and promote peace and harmony? Or do we use it to create distrust, pain, and abomination?

In any event, whatever your faith, I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!! Bearing in mind of course that I am politically incorrect at all times, so take it or leave it.

Oh Yeah….Have a Merry and prosperous New Year Also….PAX

Bill English

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to comments. Here you can agree, disagree or present a good arguement. Just keep it clean and do not attack others.

But do not expect me to be nice when you are stupid. If I am stupid tell me and I'll check it out and correct it.