Saturday, November 10, 2012

Personal Manifesto

Since I am sixty years old, over-weight, suffering from all of the ailments that most old people suffer from at my age, I am no longer able to get out and fight the fight that most youngsters crave to fight. I cannot carry a gun, nor can I stand in the streets protesting, screaming and yelling. Most especially now that this country needs to see the exercise of the rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America more than ever.

I seem to remember a time in our nation’s history when it was protest and the exercise of our first amendment rights that helped to force an end to the Vietnam War. Now it seems to be nothing more than an exercise in self-stimulation. Most especially since over the years others and I have watched as those rights that we once held so dear to our hearts have become as nothing.

Because of this, I fight the best way that I can, by writing about my feelings, what I see, and what infuriates me. One of the things that I have noticed about myself is that with age I seem to have become more emotional. There are times when this emotion seems to take control of me and I make mistakes in writing my blog or for that matter viewing the world around me. Thankfully I friends whom I think have some respect for me who are willing to correct me. At least when they correct me they try not to make me look like a fool. Never the less I do make mistakes, so I guess that means that I am not perfect, or as perfect as I’d like to be. The difference between me and the rest of the idiots is that I am willing to own up to my mistakes, and accept the responsibility for them. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we had a President that did the same thing?
Over the past several months, I have written some dark blogs concerning the future of America and what could and may happen. I have cautioned you the reader to be prepared. I stand by those articles, and I stand by them for one reason and one reason only. That reason being because during my lifetime I have seen and watched what has happened to our country over the years. I have watched as a once proud America has suddenly lost its pride in itself and its people. I have watched as our rights and freedoms have been slowly and deliberately taken away from us and we haven’t even been aware of it. I have also watched as a government that we as Americans were once proud of has become corrupt and like a cancerous tumor, grown to the point where either it must be cut away or the patient will die.
Like a patient with an unknown and undiagnosed case of cancer, America is dying. As it goes about its daily business one day it will drop over not knowing what happened or why, but just simply cease to exist.
Since I have now become among those who are called armchair warriors it would seem that there is nothing that I or those like me, suffering from frustration, can do to help our country. But there is something I can do. I have a voice, and it’s a voice that can be heard if listened too. As the Holy Father is my witness, I will continue to use my voice to inform any and all who will listen, that there was an America that mattered and that there still can be an America that matters.
With my last dying breath I will tell the youth that follow me that America is the greatest nation on the planet and that it is they who will have to fight to ensure that it is an America that remains free. I will tell them of America’s great deeds and I will also tell them of its failures. I will let them know that it is they and only they that can make changes and bring this country back to what it was and experience the greatness and respect that it once enjoyed. It is they who are our future and we must never forget that.
Whatever else may happen to me, I am proud to say that I am an American, and one day when the lights dim and I no longer have the strength to continue onward I will hope that someone else will carry the battle forward for me as I die as an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to comments. Here you can agree, disagree or present a good arguement. Just keep it clean and do not attack others.

But do not expect me to be nice when you are stupid. If I am stupid tell me and I'll check it out and correct it.