Friday, February 18, 2011

Senate Race Open Playing Field

With the just announced retirement of Senator Jeff Bingaman (D) it now appears that the 2012 senate election is an open playing field. I find it interesting however that the local media has talked of Heather Wilson, Steve Pearce, and former Governor Gary Johnson as possible contenders for Bingaman’s seat however they’ve made no mention of two other already announced candidates; Greg Sowards and myself, Bill English.

I want to assure everyone that I am indeed in this race for the long haul, and while Heather Wilson and the others maybe possible candidates it will once again be up to the people to decide who they want representing them in the United States Senate.

As for myself, I bring to the table a fresh and different outlook to the picture. Without a doubt I am a conservative and a constitutionalist. I also point out that in 2002 I was one of many, including Steve Pearce running for retiring Congressman Joe Skeen’s seat in the Congress. I was also the very first to talk about Constitutional issues. In fact I was talking about them ten years before everyone else was.

From my perspective, Constitutional issues are always apart of the issue, and it is the responsibility of all elected representatives, whether they be in the house or senate, to live up to that part of their oath of office where it says to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States”.

However! I also believe that now it is time for whoever is elected to fill Senator Bingaman’s seat to look to New Mexico and what it needs to come through the trying times that most certainly lay before us.

As I have stated on many occasions and in many speeches, New Mexico has the ability to change from within for the better and to set the example that will lead the rest of the nation into the future. The question now becomes; will New Mexico have the ability?

It is not necessary nor is it acceptable for New Mexico to accept pork from its representatives, but it is necessary for its representatives to see to it that New Mexico has the ability to exploit all of the opportunities available to it without the interference of big government.

If elected, I will see to it that New Mexico has those opportunities and the ability to take advantage of all of its resources, and that its people are able to benefit and prosper in the bright future that is to come.

I want to wish Senator Bingaman a bright and happy retirement and wish him the very best for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to comments. Here you can agree, disagree or present a good arguement. Just keep it clean and do not attack others.

But do not expect me to be nice when you are stupid. If I am stupid tell me and I'll check it out and correct it.